Friday, March 16, 2012

.Favorite Episode.

     If there is anything that you need to know about me, or if you're reading this and you already know me, is that I am an emotional person. I mean, besides being a girl, I am also a Pisces. We're all emotional, and if we're not, tell me otherwise. Any who, lately I have been catching up on my episodes of one of my favorite shows, One Tree Hill. Now, now, I know what you must think, "You? A 19 year old watching a high school show?" Well, for one, I have been out of high school for about a year. Second, I KNOW this is going to sound messed up, but it is not my drama. That, and my high school years were boring. I mean, I love my friends; they meant and still mean everything to me. And I'm not going to lie, sometimes I was, and sometimes I still am, jealous of some of the lives those other kids had. Being able to go to parties, hang out with their "buddies," doing all that other stuff, which I'm not jealous about because I don't drink or smoke in the first place. But enough of my stupidity; on to my point! 
    
     I just recently watched my favorite episodes. Season 4, Episode 9 and 10. One of the things I love about the show, besides the awesome music and my favorite character, Peyton, even though she's kind of whiny, is how close the characters are. Through thick and thin they remain together. I guess it is cheesy, but I just wish people were more like that, you know? They do have drama, but they grow up! They don't get stuck in the trends, they focus on their friends, and even though tough things keep happening to them, they find a way to get out of it. 

     So, on season 9, the Ravens are to play the last game of theirs, which is also Whitey's last game. Nathan had borrowed some money from this guy named Dante, and so for Nathan to not owe $15, 000, he had to lose that game. A midst all the confusion, trying to debate if to lose to save his family and his friends, or to win and not care, Nathan decided to do the right thing and win. Unfortunately, that came with a cost. Dante, not believing that he had just lost a bet, decided to run Nathan over, but hit Haley, who is pregnant, instead. Turns out that Dante, who tried to run over Nathan, crashed his car and died instantly upon impact. After having seen his wife knocked out, Nathan ran to the car, took Dante out, and beat him. Dan, thinking Nathan killed him, decided to take the blame. The episode got to me, mainly, and yet again, because I am emotional, but also because the thrill of the game being played, the way they captured Lucas making the shot, the accident... Just the whole episode. 

     Episode 9 ended with Lucas and Haley being unconscious, on the floor, with paramedics working on them. Throughout the episode, Lucas is being guided through what happened by his dead uncle, Keith. Think of this as the Divine Comedy, by Dante Alighieri, though not completely through hell. Keith is Lucas' Virgil, and Lucas, Dante. He sees the might be and the could have been; basically a reflection, but it's all in Lucas' head and state of Limbo, if you will. He's not dead, even though he had a heart attack, he was just unconscious. Eventually he wakes up, and everything else is a bit better. 

     Things are revealed through out the episode, and Lucas and Peyton are doing a bit better, with her being a bit distant and safe to not, "give him another heart attack." Lucas visits Jimmy Edward's grave and Nathan and Haley are better than ever. Mouth is trying to get over GiGi, and Brook and Rachel join "Clean Teens," as an alibi for having stolen a test to save Brooke from failing Calculus and not graduating with her friends and class. 

Any who, just thought I'd write this down... Just another random thought and entry from yours truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment